TIEMS Workshop DCEM 2011 on Disaster Control and Emergency Management Testbed Platform
13-14 June 2011
- To review the concepts of a DCEM testbed platform, the repository of existing labs, and experiences that could be included in a foreseen DCEM testbed platform
- To introduce the concept of federated DCEM testbed platform to TIEMS members and international community
- To discuss users requirements for DCEM testbed platform considering the public, governmental, educational, research, industrial and professional user groups interests
- To identify and to discuss the collaboration opportunities between other relevant international projects and initiatives
- To have a round table discussion on the DCEM roadmap and to define the next practical steps for a federated DCEM testbed platform implementation
The strong on-going integration process of civil and military in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief offers great opportunities for more effective international response to disasters. It adds weight to the imperative to ‘get it right,’ to give coherence to the interplay of many actors and above all to ensure that coordinated resources mean improved outcomes. It will do so with the proximate aims of engendering research and dialogue and, ultimately, developing proposals for new approaches and policies.